In honor of my 1 year blog-versary, I decided to make my hands-down favorite brunch (food) to celebrate! These pancakes are super duper easy to make (they take 15 minutes!) and yield 10 pancakes per batch so they're perfect for a cute brunch party (or you could totally just eat all of them in one sitting. No judgements here)!
Side note: You can totally make these pancakes into crepes! Just increase the almond milk to 2.5 cups!
Some ingredients you'll need are:
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats, ground into a fine flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 cups + 3 tablespoons almond milk (those 3 tablespoons make all the difference!)
- 1 heaping cup diced ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Coconut Whipped Cream (available at Whole Foods and Sprouts)
- chopped fresh strawberries, for garnish
Onto the actual pancake making...
1. Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. A drop of water should sizzle when the skillet is ready!
2. In a blender, blend the buckwheat groats on high speed until it turns into a fine flour. Place into a large bowl. Now whisk in the rest of the dry ingredients (rice flour, arrowroot, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon).
3. Dice the banana until it's the size of peas or a bit larger. Fold the diced banana into the batter.
4. Lightly grease skillet (I sprayed coconut oil on it). Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup of batter onto the preheated skillet and quickly spread the batter out into a circle. Cook until some bubbles appear and the edge looks deeper in color and more firm. Flip and cook for another 3-ish minutes until golden. Adjust heat as needed. Repeat for other pancakes.
5. Stack and serve with Coconut Whipped Cream and fresh chopped strawberries!
I hope you find these pancakes as amazing and delicious as I do!